Power Outage Reporting
Follow these easy steps before calling to report there is no power at your home.
1. Check fuses and circuit breakers in the house and at the pole. If you see a red light at the meter, the cooperative is providing you with power. If the light is not glowing, you will need to contact the cooperative.
2. If your power does not come back on after blown fuses are changed, or the breakers seem to be functioning, please go to the next step. Remember in situations where only part of your property has power the problems are usually caused by a blown fuse or tripped breaker. In both cases, repair would be your responsibility.
3. Check with your neighbors to see if they are out of power. This helps both you and the cooperative determine the extent of an outage. If you know your neighbors are out of power, call in both your location and your neighbors to minimize the volume of calls coming in to the office during a major storm.
4. Call Clarke Electric to report your outage at 1-641-342-2173 or toll free at 1-800-362-2154. Please have your location/account number available to help us correctly identify the physical location of the outage. If you call after hours, you will be connected to our call dispatch center. Our call center is trained to efficiently and safely respond to outage calls. They will require the same information as our local cooperative. As soon as the outage call is received, lineman are dispatched to investigate the cause and to quickly restore power.
Storm Related Outage Information
1. In the event of a major storm, such as December 2007, we will continue to answer the phone internally. Remember, we only have so many lines and so many hands to answer the calls. You will be given a change to record a message that will go to our email if all lines are busy. Rest assured all of the staff of Clarke Electric is working extended hours to manage the calls and restore power as quickly as possible.
2. We have cooperated with our statewide association to communicate outage information to our members on a timely basis. Outage information will be available when any Iowa REC experiences a widespread power outage affecting a large number of Iowans. Clarke Electric will enter information on the web site and it will be automatically refreshed every 10 minutes. When only a few cooperative members are without power, the web site may not necessarily reflect that information.
If you cannot reach our office by phone, you may have a neighbor, friend or relative email us at email@example.com to report the outage or fax us at 641-342-6292.
Note: If a line crew is dispatched to service a member-owner's outage, and the outage is found to be no fault of the cooperative or its equipment, a service call fee is charged to the member-owner.
See below charges for a service call when there is an outage on the member-owner's side of the meter:
Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m..........$125 (minimum trip)
After hours.............................................$200 (minimum trip)