Integrity ~ Accountability ~ Innovation ~ Commitment to Community
Look Up and Live
Farming can be dangerous, especially during harvest time. Be sure you take the time to look up, look down and all around.
1. Look over work areas for overhead pwer lines and utility poles.
2. Make sure you have ample clearance when moving large machinery such as combines, grain augers, pickers, bailers and front-end loaders.
3. Be extra careful when working around trees and brush; they often make it dfficult to see power lines.
4. Store large equipment properly if it's near or under power lines.
If the equipment you are in comes into contact wtih power lines make sure you:
1. Stay in the cab and call for help.
2. If there is imminent risk of fire, jump clear of the vehicle and land with both feet on the ground at the same time- do not allow any part of your body to touch the equipment and ground at the same time.